forum.dwylbtzle.info Forum Index
forum.dwylbtzle.info Forum Index
forum.dwylbtzle.info
FREE-RANGE FLOYD-FREAK ASYLUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We did it! 3of4 Cannabis initiatives passed in Hailey, Idaho
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.dwylbtzle.info Forum Index -> Everything Else
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bay leaves! Shocked
that's funny! Laughing
yeech! Mad

Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

latest developements:

well
woke up from a nap
once again--just as they were saying something about us in the news again
that's always a surrealistic experience
( i always listen to NPR (national public radio) when trying to fall asleep
because it's so boring it knocks me right out like a sleeping pill) Laughing

at last post
the the town elders from 'footloose'
er
i mean hailey Laughing Cool
had "tabled" the initiatives
for "further study"
(which means till they could figure some way to nix it)

now, apparently, they announce that the city of hailey is basically suing itself
(after all that wailing about being worried about future lawsuits) Rolling Eyes
to try and get the laws we passed declared illegal
I think it's the mayor and someone else in the town government
saying they are suing as private citizens
and this will be a conflict of interest
because the town government is SUPPOSED to do everything in their power to defend a passed initiative

they STILL don't know who they're dealing with
and are gonna get themselves in some real trouble

two people who were against this whole thing from the beginning
will sue as private citizens
even though they are in the government
then a third person...
who's in the government
who's been against this from the beginning
the city attorney
will have to defend the initiatives
BY LAW
THAT's gonna be a weak effort, eh?
ya think?

that's collusion Evil or Very Mad
yer supposed to have two opposing sides
each trying to win something
that's how our courts are supposed to work
not both sides being against something
and playing some transparent game
play-acting thru the motions of some farcical skit Confused

just hit the radio
i will post the newspaper articles when they come out tomorrow

Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.haileycityhall.org/news_events/news/2008/Marijuana_Ordinances_Judicial_Review.pdf

check this out
we've already re-filed the initiatives on the ballot in hailey for a may election
and we're gonna do ketchum in november Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Razz

Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just sent this to ned williamson
the city attorney of hailey

HEY, NED, BRO!

WE'LL BE STOPPING BY YER OFFICE TO HAVE A BULL SESSION AND
BRAINSTORM ABOUT OUR STRATEGY
AS WE JUST HEARD YER GONNA BE OUR ATTORNEY IN THIS INITIATIVE MATTER
FIGHTING FOR OUR CAUSE! Smile
AND THE CAUSE OF THE VOTERS OF HAILEY!

(just hope he's still an attorney
as he's gone on record in newspaper articles saying he's against the whole thing
one artiicle he even helped write himself

that's conflict of interest and collusion
wonder what the state bar association will think about it)

Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FROM NORML NEWS:

Idaho: City Council Snuffs Voter-Approved Pot Ordinances

January 24, 2008 - Hailey, ID, USA

Hailey, Idaho: Hailey city council members voted last week to nullify the provisions of several voter-approved initiatives seeking to liberalize local marijuana law enforcement.

Lawmakers alleged that the three initiatives conflicted with state and federal laws and therefore could not legally be implemented by the city. Voters had approved the measures in November.

One of initiatives sought to direct local police to make activities related to the investigation, citation, and/or arrest of adult cannabis users their lowest law enforcement priority. Similar ‘deprioritization’ measures have been enacted in numerous cities nationwide, including Seattle, Washington; Santa Cruz, California; Missoula, Montana; Denver, Colorado; and Columbia, Missouri.

A separate voter-approved initiative sought to exempt qualified medical cannabis users from local prosecution. Similar policies have been implemented in twelve states.

The third measure sought to legalize the production of hemp as an agricultural crop.

Hailey’s city attorney said that the city is not legally required to accept the outcome of voter initiatives.

NORML Executive Director Allen St. Pierre strongly criticized the council’s decision. "Apparently the long-held democratic notion of a government ‘by the people for the people’ no longer applies in Idaho," St. Pierre said. "These lawmakers are willing to cast aside a democratic vote by their own constituents in order to bow at the altar of pot prohibition."

Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this went out on the AP news-wire
(that goes all over the world):

Hailey mayor, other leaders plan to sue city over marijuana
09:47 AM PST on Thursday, January 31, 2008

Associated Press

HAILEY, Idaho - Three city officials in the central Idaho town of Hailey plan to sue the city they represent over three pro-marijuana initiatives approved by voters but that conflict with state law.

Hailey Mayor Rick Davis says he and Councilman Don Keirn, and Chief of Police Jeff Gunter will file the lawsuit in 5th District Court.

He says he is unsure when that will happen.

Davis says the resulting judgment by the court will be used by the city as its guide for dealing with the initiatives.

The initiatives passed by voters in the November 6th election would legalize industrial hemp, decriminalize medicinal marijuana, and make enforcing pot laws the city's lowest police priority.

A fourth initiative, to legalize pot outright, fell just short of approval.

Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDAHO MOUNTAIN EXPRESS
http://www.mtexpress.com/index2.php?ID=2005119141#list

Hailey changes course on pot initiatives

Council decides to litigate rather than amend policies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By TERRY SMITH
Express Staff Writer

Hailey Mayor Rick Davis announced at Monday’s council meeting that city officials will file a lawsuit concerning three controversial marijuana initiatives approved by the electorate in November. Photo by Mountain Express

Hailey city officials have decided to go to court over three controversial marijuana initiatives approved by the electorate in November.

The decision, announced by Mayor Rick Davis at the conclusion of Monday's City Council meeting, is a change of course from a council decision of only two weeks earlier when it voted to amend the illegalities out of the three initiatives.

The reason for the change of direction? Pro-marijuana advocate Ryan Davidson filed four new initiative petitions with the city clerk's office on Jan. 22. The proposed initiatives are identical to the ones put before the voters on Nov. 6.

Hailey voters approved three of the four, rejecting one that would have paved the way for outright legalization of marijuana in the city of Hailey. Approved were initiatives to legalize medical use of marijuana, legalize industrial hemp and make enforcement of marijuana laws the lowest priority of the city's police department.

Davis' announcement Monday night followed an executive session requested by City Attorney Ned Williamson. Davidson's new initiative petition filings were the primary topic when council met in private.

A press release issued by the city states that a complaint will be filed in 5th District Court seeking a declaratory judgment as to the legality of the voter-approved initiatives.

"We need some closure on this," Davis said Tuesday. "If we get this declaratory judgment then Davidson can be reading off the same page.

"It's going to tell us what we can enforce legally and what we cannot. I just want to get if from the court."

Provisions of all three of the initiatives are obviously contrary to both state and federal law.

Davidson once lived in Bellevue but now lives in Garden City. He is director of The Liberty Lobby of Idaho and was the initiator of the four initiatives put to the voters in November.

Davidson's efforts in Hailey are part of a larger grassroots agenda to have marijuana laws reformed statewide and nationally.

The title of a 1948 Louis Prima jazz hit seems applicable to post-election efforts of Hailey-area marijuana advocates as city officials seeks to undo their November victory: "Heap big smoke but no fire."

Marijuana advocates have made a fuss on various Web sites, but have been strangely absent at City Council meetings where the issue has been discussed repeatedly during the last several months.

The lone exception occurred Monday night when Hailey resident John Caccia addressed the council. But Caccia's only issue is legalization of industrial hemp and he said he voted against the other pro-pot initiatives.

"Industrial hemp is altogether different," Caccia said, explaining that hemp is used worldwide in industrial applications but is against the law in the United States.

"I think the public is not being served by lumping industrial hemp with the marijuana issue," he said.

Industrial hemp and marijuana for smoking purposes are derived from the same species of cannabis plant but are of different varieties. Industrial hemp is extremely low in THC, the chemical that produces a high.

In terms of THC, Caccia described industrial hemp as "herbal tea" and marijuana as "bourbon."

Worldwide, industrial hemp's uses include production of rope, clothing, paper products, food and lotions.

Federal and state law put hemp and marijuana in the same category as illegal substances.

print version email

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leave a Comment

Show: Sort: Newest first Oldest first
There are 13 comments

The comments below are from the readers of mtexpress.com and in no way represent the views of Express Publishing Inc.

nunzio – syracuse n.y. 01/30/08 - 07:55
Marijuana laws need to change in both federal and state as many americans today are switching from dangerous medications with severe side effects both labeled and unlabeled as the drug companies are reaping huge profits from both the consumer and the insurance companies . Marijuana has not yet showed a health risk yest to the FDAand yet the FDA has passed many medications that were found safe and later to be found extremely dangerous for side effects . Wake up americans we need marijuana use for people who suffer on medical needs !! from nunzio bagliere syracuse n.y. e mail at NUNZIO61@VERIZON.NET

Reply to nunzio
old timer 01/30/08 - 20:10
Marijuana may not have shown a health risk according to the FDA but you better believe anyone high on weed sounds like a blundering idiot, worse than someone drunk on alcohol. Heaven birbid people should even be driving when under the influence of this drug!

Reply to nunzio
THC4ME 01/31/08 - 09:15
Old Timer-
See above post to LB...
And it's forbid- not birbid..
Are you high?

bhones2u – MS 01/30/08 - 10:11
People always have and always will smoke pot, we might as well make it safe by regulation, right now it's just like alcohol prohibition; They would make alcohol in led radiators and people would die from just having one drink, ending prohibition makes it safer. Furthermore we shoulden't put a person in jail just because they smoke weed. it just does't make sence destroying someone's life because they made a decision that some don't agree with. it is harmless; so legalize!

Reply to bhones2u
lb – hailey 01/30/08 - 14:51
Are you insane? People who smoke weed are at least difficult to even talk to. I have been around people who smoke weed and it sickens me because they tend to be selfish, careless, and abnoxious. This is absolutely insane to me that people want this, why can't you just be a "normal, drug-free" individual, unless you need it for medical reasons...that should be the only reason.

Reply to bhones2u
THC4ME 01/31/08 - 09:13
To LB-
You're insane. You obviously don't know what you're talking about. I've been a user of the "evil weed" for almost 20 years. I have a great career, a great family, prosperity, love and a relationship with God- and to have that taken away for a plant that I use for therapy and recreation is completely ludicrous. If you had any clue to the effects of marijuana and not just what you've heard from America's "war on drugs" - you'd be commenting on something more important and relevant like this country's economy being flushed down the drain by politics, war, and big business or our children being shuffled through schools not even learning to read by the time they graduate. That's crime. So wake up LB- it's not the 50's anymore. There's alot to worry about other than me (or anyone) smoking pot.

Reply to bhones2u
LB – hailey 01/31/08 - 09:28
Well, I have to say, I am coming from someone who has lived with the drug for over 20 years. I do not do the drug because of what I have seen. My brother go from weed to worse drugs, go through rehab 2 times and still is not doing anything with his life and it all started with weed. Someone whom I live with now thinks they need the drug to stop other addictions...and that has just made it harder to stop any addiction. So yes, I know what this drug does, good for you that you have a wife whom will live with the fact that you use a substance, and good for you that you have not let it get you to another level. But it does not change the fact that you are a rare person, there are too many "pot heads" that do nothing with their life and get in the way of some sort of normal life for everyone. You are rare, and I hope that you stay that way. God bless you.

Reply to bhones2u
LB – hailey 01/31/08 - 09:31
THC4ME, by the way, I am a 30 year old mother of 3 who believes in God. I never even lived in the 50's

Reply to bhones2u
THC4ME 01/31/08 - 09:52
Wow LB-
I apologize for my tone. It just bums me out that this plant and the people who use it get a bad rap because of some people who can't control their lives. I'm sorry about your brother, but if it hadn't been weed- it would have been something else that started it all. He obviously needed something to fill whatever void he felt he had. It's the persons choices that are the issues here. Not whether pot is legal.
God Bless

Reply to bhones2u
THC4ME 2 – Hailey, ID 01/31/08 - 10:25
I agree with you THC4ME. I too have been using the drug for years and I never let it get out of control. I too am fed up with the bad rap Marijuana gets when clearly it is the decision of the user to try harder drugs. This is not a gateway drug and if that has been your experience then do not assume its the same for everyone else. LB you say its rare for someone to live a productive life while using a "substance", you are wrong. The person you least expect is prob a recreational user. So why dont we make ourselves known? For what, to be persecuted by people who still think marijuana is the same as cocaine or meth? Wake up America.

Reply to bhones2u
LB – hailey 01/31/08 - 11:18
Thank you THC4ME, I understand your feelings, like I said I live with someone with the same feelings you have. I, unfortunately live on the straight and narrow, never having any addictions or trying drugs. I have never seen anyone turn out like you, successful with the drug, not to say the person I live with isn't successful but I know they could be so much more then they are now. I know there is a middle ground here, I just don't know how to get there.

roy sandefur – Hailey ,Idaho 02/12/08 - 06:29
you shouldn't smoke it
eat it
and wear it

roy sandefur – Hailey ,Idaho 02/12/08 - 06:58
By the way
probably the reason people aren't going to the meetings is because the fix is already in
first the council holds a meeting WITH NO PUBLIC INPUT and declares they are "tabling" the initiatives
then they meet in private and decide the mayor, the chief of police, and a council member will sue the city as "private citizens"
and the city attorney will weakly PRETEND to defend it
when the law says the whole city government is supposed to actively defend it
especially the city attorney
seems weird to me
a court case is supposed to have two sides sincerely fighting for opposite results
THIS is collusion and conflict of interest
and a bit of a joke, isn't it?

maybe voters will remember the next time someone runs for office
these initiatives passed by people voting for them, ya know

just sent this to ned williamson
the city attorney of hailey

HEY, NED, BRO!

WE'LL BE STOPPING BY YER OFFICE TO HAVE A BULL SESSION AND
BRAINSTORM ABOUT OUR STRATEGY
AS WE JUST HEARD YER GONNA BE OUR ATTORNEY IN THIS INITIATIVE MATTER
FIGHTING FOR OUR CAUSE!
AND THE CAUSE OF THE VOTERS OF HAILEY!

(he he he!)

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool

Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Davidson on tv Laughing

SHOULD MARIJUANA BE LEGALIZED OR NOT?

(Originally broadcast on 6/21/07)
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.mtexpress.com/perspective/should_marijuana_be_legal.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.mtexpress.com/perspective/index.htm&h=480&w=640&sz=110&hl=en&start=6&um=1&tbnid=7cBy-UlJ070EzM:&tbnh=103&tbnw=137&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmarijuana%2Binitiatives%2Bhailey%2Bidaho%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN%26ie%3DUTF-8
go here
scroll down to the picture
hit links

Ryan Davidson is back, and this time he has a State Supreme Court
decision backing him up. If he has his way, next election the people of
Sun Valley could be voting on whether to legalize marijuana. Being that
20 million citizens use it daily and it is now the biggest cash crop in
America, surpassing corn and wheat combined, perhaps the time is right.

Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok
i've neglected to keep this thread updated for the past month or so
until i heard em talking about us on the radio
and woke up
so for anyone who's a bit confusded about the latest developements
in sumsory
farly thus:
(briefly):

we started this all in aug '04
and started to try and put an initiative on the ballot in sun valley, ketchum, and hailey
but the city councils of all three cities violated the constitution and the bill
of rights and denied us the right to petition the government and excercise
our free speech rights
by saying they wouldn't qualify the initiatives and let the people even vote
because cannabis is illegal on the state and federal levels

so we fought up thru the courts for three years
and won in federal court
and we also won in the idaho supreme court
five to zero
no dissentions

because we were smarter and more stubborn than these town councils were
and had studied the law
and KNEW that the law says they HAD to qualify the initiatives
and let the people vote
NO MATTER WHAT THE CONTENTS
and then some judge could strike them down
later
after the fact
not before
and we were vindicated
in that

then we chose just hailey
TO START
and put four initiatives on the ballot:
legalization (tax and regulate)
medical
industrial hemp
and lowest police priority (specifically lower than fornication) Laughing Cool Razz

all but outright legalization won

THEN the city council held a meeting with no public input
and "tabled" the initiatives

THEN they declared they were going to gut them into oblivion
(note: they could just repeal them
but they are pulling this crap because they know the people would be
pissed if they repealed a legitimate vote
so they thought they could achieve the same result with no political consequences)
so we have put all four initiatives back on the ballot
and now they are trying to stage this cornball court case
wherein they will be arguing both sides
the LAW says the city government
has to uphold and support and defend these laws
so they are having the chief of police
and mayor
and one council member
sue the city as private citizens
and then the city attorney will WEAKLY PRETEND to defend them
this is collusion and conflict of interest
and they don't know who they are dealing with

here's the funny part
if the may election comes before this court case
and the people vote for the initiatives again
and they still do the court case
their political careers will be over
and they know it

and here's the REALLY FUNNY PART

even if they vote them all four down
this second time

the first election is still in effect Laughing Laughing Cool Razz

the three initiatives
that won last nov
still stand!
Laughing

and after this is all over
we will go and start all over again in ketchum
and when we did telephone polling in aug '04
ketchum was the most positive of all the three cities
quite a bit more positive than hailey
so we will win there! Twisted Evil Razz Laughing Cool
they won't be able to deny us putting the initiatives on the ballot

that's already been settled by the supreme court of idaho
and the federal courts

and we will win! Razz

Last edited by Dwylbtzle on Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mtexpress.com/index2.php?ID=2005119321#list
IDAHO MOUNTAIN EXPRESS

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Hailey to vote again on legalizing marijuana?

City clerk sets new election for May 27

By TERRY SMITH
Express Staff Writer

Ryan Davidson

Hailey's electorate gets to do it all over again—vote on four new citizen-
driven initiatives to legalize marijuana within the city limits.

Probably. Unless something happens to derail the whole thing.

Hailey City Attorney Ned Williamson is doing legal research to see if three
of the four can be knocked off the ballot, and pro-marijuana advocate
Ryan Davidson said he's willing to withdraw the initiatives if the Hailey
City Council will make an earnest effort to negotiate with him.

The initiatives are not exactly new. They are identical to four marijuana
initiatives that were placed before the electorate on Nov. 6, 2007. Three
were approved and the other was rejected.

City Clerk Heather Dawson informed the City Council Monday night that
Davidson's new initiative petitions have been certified and she's scheduled
the election for May 27. The council had little choice but to approve.

City Councilman Fritz Haemmerle grumbled a little anyway.

"If you keep accommodating each and every time, you're going to have
election, after election, after election," Haemmerle said.

Davidson, chairman of The Liberty Lobby of Idaho, filed his new petitions
on Jan. 22 after learning that city officials planned to file a lawsuit in 5th
District Court seeking a declaratory judgement on the three initiatives
approved on Nov. 6. All three have provisions that appear to conflict with
state and federal law.

"I kind of assumed that the council would do something like this," Davidson said.

Approved in November were initiatives to legalize medical use of
marijuana, to legalize industrial use of hemp and to make enforcement of
marijuana laws the lowest priority for the Hailey Police Department.

Rejected was an initiative to give the city the authority to tax and regulate
sales and use of marijuana within the city limits.

Davidson said a declaratory judgement against the three approved
initiatives cannot keep the four new initiatives off the ballot.

The Idaho Supreme Court ruled in September 2006 that voters have the
right to vote on citizen-driven initiatives regardless of the appearance of
illegality. Davidson brought that lawsuit to the high court over similar
marijuana legalization initiative petitions that he submitted to the city of Sun Valley.

Despite a long history of legal battles with municipalities in the Wood
River Valley, Davidson said he's willing to extend an olive branch to the
Hailey City Council.

"I would be willing to make the offer to the city," Davidson said. "That if
they would be willing to sit down and negotiate a way to implement the
spirit of the original initiatives, if they would at least make a good faith
effort to do that, then I would rescind the new petitions so they wouldn't
have to be voted on again."

Thus far, the City Council has shown no such inclination.

Williamson told the council Monday that the three approved initiatives are
now city ordinances and he's going to research the possibility that they
can be removed from the ballot because they are already law.

As in the previous election, the council decided to print the initiatives in
their entirety on the ballot rather than try to summarize them.

"I'd like to think that the citizens would read it this time," said
Councilwoman Martha Burke.

"After what happened last time, maybe they'll read the fine print," said
Councilman Don Keirn.

The election would cost the city about $4,000, not including staff time.

print version email

Leave a Comment

Show: Sort: Newest first Oldest first
There are 2 comments

The comments below are from the readers of mtexpress.com and in no
way represent the views of Express Publishing Inc.

Sean 02/12/08 - 22:15
It's pretty sad the will of the people has been stomped on like little
cockroaches. They voted for these initiatives! Do something to mak
e them work!

roy sandefur – Hailey, Idaho 02/12/08 - 23:09
so for anyone who's a bit confused about the latest developements
in sumsory
farly thus:
(briefly):

we started this all in aug '04
and started to try and put an initiative on the ballot in sun valley, ketchum, and hailey
but the city councils of all three cities violated the constitution and the bill
of rights and denied us the right to petition the government and excercise
our free speech rights
by saying they wouldn't qualify the initiatives and let the people even vote
because cannabis is illegal on the state and federal levels

so we fought up thru the courts for three years
and won in federal court
and we also won in the idaho supreme court
five to zero
no dissentions

because we were smarter and more stubborn than these town councils were
and had studied the law
and KNEW that the law says they HAD to qualify the initiatives
and let the people vote
NO MATTER WHAT THE CONTENTS
and then some judge could strike them down
later
after the fact
not before
and we were vindicated
in that

then we chose just hailey
TO START
and put four initiatives on the ballot:
legalization (tax and regulate)
medical
industrial hemp
and lowest police priority (specifically lower than fornication)

all but outright legalization won

THEN the city council held a meeting with no public input
and "tabled" the initiatives

THEN they declared they were going to gut them into oblivion
(note: they could just repeal them
but they are pulling this crap because they know the people would be
pissed if they repealed a legitimate vote
so they thought they could achieve the same result with no political consequences)
so we have put all four initiatives back on the ballot
and now they are trying to stage this cornball court case
wherein they will be arguing both sides
the LAW says the city government
has to uphold and support and defend these laws
so they are having the chief of police
and mayor
and one council member
sue the city as private citizens
and then the city attorney will WEAKLY PRETEND to defend them
this is collusion and conflict of interest
and they don't know who they are dealing with

here's the funny part:
if the may election comes before this court case
and the people vote for the initiatives again
and they still do the court case
their political careers will be over
and they know it

and here's the REALLY FUNNY PART:

even if they vote them all four down
this second time

the first election is still in effect

the three initiatives
that won last nov
still stand!

and after this is all over
we will go and start all over again in ketchum
and when we did telephone polling in aug '04
ketchum was the most positive of all the three cities
quite a bit more positive than hailey
so we will win there!
they won't be able to deny us putting the initiatives on the ballot

that's already been settled by the supreme court of idaho
and the federal courts

and we will win!

DIE MONSTER DIE!

Last edited by Dwylbtzle on Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:45 am; edited 4 times in total
Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.sunvalleyonline.com/news/article.asp?ID_Article=4590
here's the article in sunvalley.com
that the city attorney ned williamson helped write

Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just sent this to the politicians who claimed that the electorate is stupid and can't read
entitled
"better read this all the way through"

if y'all can read

i think the electorate can

ever consider people who vote might have some intelligence?

i can understand why you might not think so
since they voted for you

good luck next time

Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roy sandefur – Hailey, Idaho 02/12/08 - 23:50
as for the comments by the soon-to-be voted out politicians

elections will continue till you respect them
and quit insulting the electorate by claiming they are illiterate

this isn't a game you get to flounce till you get what YOU want
you lost because people voted for this
and you will lose again
then you will lose yer offices

amen

Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://blog.sunvalleyonline.com/index.php?s=marijuana+initiatives
various blog comments in sunvalley.com

Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

more comments from the idaho mountain express article

previously:

roy sandefur – Hailey, Idaho 02/12/08 - 23:50
as for the comments by the soon-to-be voted out politicians

elections will continue till you respect them
and quit insulting the electorate by claiming they are illiterate

this isn't a game you get to flounce till you get what YOU want
you lost because people voted for this
and you will lose again
then you will lose yer offices

amen

new:

KGB 02/13/08 - 06:43
When these same council people are voted out of office, will they have
a "do over" then too? The people of Hailey have clearly spoken, they
have approved by referendum to decriminalize marijuana, you can't
unring a bell. The Hailey City council is a total farce, and their
underhanded practices fly in the faces of the voters, who not only
approved these initiatives but, voted them into office in the first place.
Every dog has his or her day, and their's will be coming at re-election
time...their day is coming!!!

rusty 02/13/08 - 09:18
If the elected Hailey officials can't support the will of the people they
should resign. it seems like they have forgotten that they serve they
people not the people serve them. it 's pretty strange that there are
other pro marijuana laws in other states and cities across the USA,
Arizona , San fransico, and LA etc.. some of those towns even have
vending machines that dispenses medical marijuana. Some how the city
officials in Hailey say that it can't be done etc... all kinds of excuses b.s.
it's because the cities elected officials don't like the propositions and think
that the people of Hailey serve them. Stop desecrating the will of your
town's citizens or resign!

dave 02/13/08 - 10:06
This is another example of Idaho thinking the rights and will of the people
do not matter...

Reply to dave
dan 02/13/08 - 18:36
Man, what a slap in the face to the voters of this town. It shows great
disrespect for democracy. The city council should be ashamed of
themselves. What happens the next time voters choose to enact another
law the council doesn't like? Slap the voters in the face again? Wow, what
an embarassment .

Last edited by Dwylbtzle on Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.dwylbtzle.info Forum Index -> Everything Else All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: