forum.dwylbtzle.info Forum Index
forum.dwylbtzle.info Forum Index
forum.dwylbtzle.info
FREE-RANGE FLOYD-FREAK ASYLUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We did it! 3of4 Cannabis initiatives passed in Hailey, Idaho
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.dwylbtzle.info Forum Index -> Everything Else
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://blog.sunvalleyonline.com/index.php/2007/11/25/on-monday-hailey-will-violate-your-initiative-rights-unless-you-get-involved/#comment-61751
more
latest
sunvalleyonline.com

Greg Farber Says:

February 13th, 2008 at 7:02 am
I see that the Hailey police chief is not an independent free thinker but a stooge who obeys his corrupt master for fear of losing his new found job, obviously another Constitution hater and defender of fascism. And I thought this man was a Bible believing soldier of Christ, which of course is impossible because you can not serve both masters as he does.

Yeah, It takes a Village, but the Village has to be under the control of a Dictator.

This is why I dropped out of Law school and did not join any police force either, I was not willing to compromise our Liberty and Justice for all just to put bread and honey on my table. It is impossible to be involved in these organizations and not see the contradictions they bring to the table versus scripture, impossible.

Arne P. Ryason Says:

February 13th, 2008 at 10:38 pm
By upholding the Constitution, all law enforcement personnel enforce Amendment 14, which states that privileges and immunities granted to United States federal citizens are subject to the jurisdiction thereof. Therefor, police officers and other officials must defer to federal authority. The so-called “rights” of states and citizens are, thus, a fiction. By signing forms for driver’s licenses, federal tax documents, etc. the Citizen gives up his sovereignty and becomes a subject. The cops cannot pick and choose which parts of the Constitution to uphold. The document was corrupted in the aftermath of the Civil War. There is nothing they can do about it on a local level.

Trying to legalize marijuana, hemp, etc., on a local level is almost pointless. It’s a fine way to make a statement, but it does not change federal jurisdiction over us one bit.

In other news, landlords are evicting medical marijuana buyers’ clubs in California, due to the threat of the federal government confiscating the property:

‘ Federal law allows the government to forfeit real estate from owners or landlords who let it be used for marijuana distribution or cultivation. The DEA successfully used forfeiture against the Los Angeles Cannabis Resource Center in 2001. The LACRC’s building was actually owned by the city of West Hollywood, which had bought it as a gift for the club. The government had no trouble taking possession of it by means of forfeiture, effectively closing the LACRC. More recently, the government invoked forfeiture to close the Capitol Compassionate Care center in Roseville and to force a landlord to evict another dispensary in West Hollywood. The DEA has threatened to employ forfeiture more widely. So far, the chosen targets have mostly been facilities that actively sought publicity through the media or advertising. ‘
http://www.canorml.org/prop/cbcbusinesstips.html

Change the law at the federal level (good luck). Locally it is a waste of time.

Wanna start a war with the “jack-booted thugs?” The National Guard and every alphabet agency in the book would be here in a heartbeat.

roy sandefur Says:

February 14th, 2008 at 1:44 am
ok
when the jack booted thugs come here
then you deal with the feds
I’m pushing up from the bottom right now

maybe between the two of us
we’ll get someone to ask themselves:
DID ALCOHOL PROHIBITION WORK?

Brian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My nephew lives in San Diego and found a m.d. that issues medical marijuana
cards --and all one needs to do to get one is complain about having sleep deprivation
or either depression or some mental and/or physical health issue(s) and he
provides the form to sign and yeah buddy you can then
shop at the grow store who also buy select plants at a percentage to resell at
their market price(s). Easy-peasy Japanesey

HAI!
Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah
when i was in california
years ago
i knew people who got prescriptions from doctors for pot
because they had
back pain
or depression Rolling Eyes

people definately try to stretch it a bit

but i know it legitimately helped my brother when he was getting chemo for cancer
because without it
he couldn't eat

it stopped the nausea
and stimulated his apetite
(the munchies) Smile

most people with cancer actually die of starvation

Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwylbtzle

Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:51 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bill Clinton pisses off Idaho Democrats

Idaho Dems miffed at Bill Clinton's comments
By Jared S. Hopkins
Staff writer
Idaho Democrats sounded off Wednesday against former President Bill Clinton and his campaign comments about Gem State politics.

Clinton, while campaigning in Indiana for his wife, Sen. Hillary Clinton, was quoted in national media as saying she would "bag" No Child Left Behind laws.

"Every time I say this, it's a guaranteed applause line," he said. "You can drop me in the middle of Idaho where there's not a Democrat in 200 miles and an elk would applaud me on that."

Idaho Democrats called Clinton's comments an insult. They said the state party is making a comeback - after suffering setbacks during Clinton's two terms in office.

"If Bill Clinton had done for elk in Idaho everything he did for Democrats, we'd have far fewer elk," said Idaho Democratic Party Chairman Keith Roark - an uncommitted superdelegate - Wednesday morning.

Roark said his criticism is not directed at Hillary Clinton, but rather the former president, and his impact on the state party. In 1991, the year before Clinton became president, the two parties had equal seats in the state Senate. By 2001, they had just three of 35 seats.

Chuck Oxley, spokesman for the Idaho Democratic Party, said that there is growing and strong Democratic support in Idaho, as shown by the February presidential caucus that drew 20,000 people.

"It's somehow magnetically grilled into his stump speech, to make this joke about how there are no Democrats in Idaho," Oxley said. "Frankly he didn't help … there are Democrats in Idaho and we're making a comeback."

Among Idaho Democrats, Hillary's opponent, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Illinois, is preferred. In the caucus, he snagged 15 of the 18 delegates. Three of the five state superdelegates are backing Obama. About 14,000 people turned out for an Obama rally in January.

"Those results were never meant to insult the Clintons," said Oxley. "But Clinton - the Clinton administration in particular - made some people in Idaho mad - Republicans and Democrats."

The former president has similar remarks about Idaho while campaigning in Texas and elsewhere in Indiana.

Asked how the number of Democrats in Idaho compares to its elk population, Oxley said: "Are there more bees in Idaho than Republicans? I don't know." He jokingly suggested contacting the Idaho Fish and Game. "They do elk counts every year."

"You cannot be anywhere in Idaho and be 200 miles from any Democrat," Oxley said. "That's simply impossible. The case he's setting up is meant to be … satire."

Sen. Clinton's campaign did not respond to requests for comment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this Keith Roark guy is the only super delegate for Idaho
I guess he's swinging kinda towards obama, now
ya think?

Bill says this insult against Idaho Demos
just before the Idaho primary
which is may 28th
just when hillary needs to win every single one of the VERY FEW primaries that are left (6, I think)

TELL me he doesn't want her to lose

Dwylbtzle

Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:06 pm Post subject:

In an odd co-incidental twist:
Back when we were first trying to find lawyers to help us with the cannabis initiatives
in blaine county (sun valley area)
Kieth Roark was a lawyer, living in Blaine County, who was all enthused
and said he was against the drug war
and liked our initiative idea
and he consulted with us on the legal arguments the town councils might try to come up with
(mainly that it would be illegal on the state and federal level--which we already KNEW)

but, now
he has apparently been retained by the city of Hailey
to be THEIR lawyer
in the lawsuit they are thinking of bringing against the initiatives
which passed last november...
well
wait
let me get this exactly correct
the city attorney of hailey
who has always been against our initiatives
will LEGALLY have to DEFEND the initiatives
in the court case
because it's the duty of the town officials to uphold and implement
and defend
city laws
and three of the initiatives passed
so
until they are struck down by a judge
THEY ARE CITY LAW

so he told the mayor
the chief of police
and one of the town council members
to get Roark as their lawyer
and bring a suit against the city of hailey
AS "PRIVATE CITIZENS"
AND THEN THE CITY ATTORNEY WILL BLANDLY AND WEAKLY pretend TO DEFEND THEM
AND throw THE CASE

WE HAVE EXPOSED THESE PEOPLE PUBLICLY
AND WARNED THEM THAT IF THEY DO THIS
IT WILL BE FRAUD
AND COLLUSION
AND CONSPIRACY TO ABROGATE THEIR LEGAL DUTIES
AND MAY OPEN THEM UP TO CRIMINAL CHARGES
WHICH WE WILL PURSUE

SO THEY may BACK OFF

WE'RE WAITING TO SEE

SO FAR THEY HAVE FILED NO SUIT

Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mtexpress.com/index2.php?ID=2005120700#list
OOPS!
spoke too soon! Laughing

read the whole article
I made the papers again! Razz Cool

whole thing is hilarious Confused

Evil or Very Mad

Razz Laughing Twisted Evil

Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=hailey+idaho+marijuana+initiatives+mayor+lawsuit&btnG=Google+Search
lotta publicity
Cool Twisted Evil

Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.woodriverjournal.com/articles/2008/05/15/news/local_news/gstory.txt

yup
according to THE WOOD RIVER JOURNAL
the city of Hailey is using city funds to pay the other side's lawyer, too

GOTTA be illegal
or, at least grounds to vote these people out of office

Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mtexpress.com/index2.php?ID=2005120671

posted two days earlier

some more great comments from local citizens Smile

whenever one of these articles come out
the comments from the locals are always
99.9% TOTALLY on our side

Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mtexpress.com/index2.php?ID=2005120700#list
more comments coming in every day
hilarious
federal level Confused
sheesh! Rolling Eyes

Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just in case they ever remove any of these comments
from the idaho mountain express website
i am posting them here
as they come in:

Roy Sandefur – Hailey, Idaho 05/15/08 - 22:28
Roy here...
Yeah
I've been a member of the original Idaho Liberty Lobby team that started this back in summer of '04
and guess what!
Roark was basically OUR ATTORNEY TOO!
He was all enthused with our initiatives
and swore to GOD he was against the drug war
for moral and philisophical reasons
and did legal review work for us
consulting as to strategy
and legal details
and predicted the town councils would unilaterally refuse to qualify our initiatives
which we proved in the Idaho Supreme Court
was illegal,
as THEY ARE NOT the gatekeepers of the citizens' initiative process,
as the justices ruled five to zero
with no dissentions

now I would just SURE like to know who is paying his fee for going to the other side

the whole thing is collusion and conspiracy
(for these city officials to abrogate their sworn legal duties
to uphold the LAWS of this city)
and to thwart the stated will of the voters
remember all this in the next elections, please

Reply to Roy Sandefur
Arne P. Ryason 05/15/08 - 23:01
What do you expect? What I'd like to see is the Liberty Lobby put its money where its mouth is. Come to Hailey and light up a joint outside City Hall. It's the same building as the police department. See what happens. Ryan Davidson is from Canada and has no clue as to the power and reach of the feds. State and local initiatives are meaningless when it comes to cannabis. You could pass one of them in every state, county and city and the DEA would still arrest people. Work on the federal level if you want to change the law. Stop wasting our time and money.

"The will of the voters" is a sham. We're all 14th Amendment subject slaves.

Roy Sandefur – Hailey, Idaho 05/15/08 - 22:50
oh yeah,

more REAL irony:
the main
most
loudest
and FIRST objections we heard from these people
and the town councils
when we first submitted our initiatives
was that this would SURELY lead to horrible EXPENSIVE lawsuits
if they allowed the citizens to excercise their initiative rights

so here we are
with these exact same people
SUING THEMSELVES!
with both "our" (supposed) lawyers
conspiring on the other side
to throw the case

once again
I ask:

Are Roark's fee's being paid with city funds?

If so, we all have the legal right to know!

observer 05/15/08 - 23:09
"the obviously illegal pro-pot initiatives"

Pardon me, but I think your bias is showing.

Roy Sandefur – Hailey, Idaho 05/15/08 - 23:22
Maybe you should move to Canada
last I heard they banned slavery

Ryan Davidson is an American citizen
and I am a Hailey resident
and we both lived in Blaine County

last I checked it's THE LAW in Hailey
that the police make smoking pot their lowest priority

so
as we KNOW the police
and mayor
and town council
and all the lawyers
all respect the LAWS

I doubt they couldn't find a higher priority than busting me

(he he heee)

so
what are YOU doing with yer money and yer mouth
if I might be so bold as to inquire?

Reply to Roy Sandefur
Arne P. Ryason 05/16/08 - 15:59
The local police are supposed to enforce federal and state laws. So, I say again, go ahead and light up a joint outside the police department. Fight it in court if you believe the law passed by the voters has any teeth. Appeal and appeal all the way to the US Supreme Court. You are in the right, so go for it.

Last time I checked people pay "income" taxes in Canada, so slavery is still in effect, just like here. A truly free people pay no tribute to the government for the compensation that is their property. The government is supposed to be funded by import and interstate commerce taxes.

A "resident" is not a "Citizen," rather he/she is a "subject." Do some research. You and I are government property. The system functions on vulgar law: "Do what I tell you to do."

Busting people is big business. In case you haven't heard, we have more people in jail in the US, per capita, than ANY other nation. Prisons are a private industry now. Inmates are low wage labor. Crime is a growth industry. Legalizing pot is a threat to that business. Look at the big picture.

What am I doing? I am trying to educate you. The history taught in government school is incomplete. They taught you to believe you are free, but, in the words of Goethe, "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Roy Sandefur – Hailey, Idaho 05/15/08 - 23:30
previous post was for arne
should have hit "reply" i guess

seriously
we've been fighting this battle
on our own
with no help from you, arne
even though we tried to get you on-board

and all you've done is be our (almost) biggest opponent

and it's always something about the constitution being hijacked
and something about babylonian conspiracies
or something

and how WE should act on the federal level
and OUR efforts aren't good enough
for YOU
etc
etc

SERIOUSLY
if you can show me what YOU'VE done
maybe we can listen to yer criticisms
and compare efforts

Reply to Roy Sandefur
Arne P. Ryason 05/16/08 - 19:56
Write in complete sentences. Capitalize the first word of each sentence. You are your own biggest opponent when you demonstrate a lack of writing skills. It discredits the cannabis movement to use "stoner" writing techniques.

it's like
man
i just wanna get high
and not go to jail
(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

All I do is point out the fact that a local initiative does not change federal or state law. There is no "conspiracy." It is just business as usual. Cannabis legalization would put the tree-paper chemistry industry out of business. Paper companies could save a bundle on chemicals. It would make a serious dent in the pharmaceutical industry and eliminate the black market, thus reducing the bottom line in the private prison industry. These are your opponents. File suit against the DEA or contribute to an existing lawsuit. Show that legalizing cannabis would help the so-called global warming problem. Write to congress, Al Gore, or whoever, but use proper punctuation and complete sentences.

I have already written to congress and state representatives on the subject. I don't have deep pockets so I can't contribute much. I do pay local taxes, however, that will contribute to the legal fees of both sides of the lawsuit, the result of which will not change the federal or state legal status of cannabis. I also know someone in the paper business. I told that person how many millions they'd save in chemistry if they switched from trees to cannabis. That person said they'd look into it. That person has more financial clout than I but not as much as the big players.

Although I gave in to temptation and voted yes on all four initiatives (and will likely do so again) I still think that all this does is waste time. You need to go after the DEA. They're the ones in charge, not congress or the voters. America is slowly transforming into a police state. Work on the big picture and the small stuff will get fixed.

Roy Sandefur – Hailey, Idaho 05/15/08 - 23:52
Let me spell this out:

not just local effect
check google and see all the nationwide publicity we've gotten

we've gotten reports from people as far away as Christchurch New Zealand hearing about this.

By fighting this all the way to the Idaho Supreme court
never again
anywhere in the country
will any town council be able to pose as the gatekeepers of ANY INITIATIVE PROCESS
for ANYTHING

When they passed a law that said only a town resident
can circulate an initiative petition
(which they did specifically for US)

we fought that
till it was struck down in the courts

now, no town will be able to try and make such a law stick
EVER AGAIN

they WON'T let you do anything on the federal level
YET
till the politicians GET THE MESSAGE
by going from the grass roots
up
a town like Hailey can send a message

send it again
in the next election(s)
citizens of Hailey!

Roy Sandefur – Hailey, Idaho 05/16/08 - 02:18

www.woodriverjournal.com

yup
according to THE WOOD RIVER JOURNAL
the city of Hailey is using city funds to pay the other side's lawyer, too

GOTTA be illegal
or, at least, judicially improper
or, at least, grounds to vote these people out of office

or AT LEAST grounds for us never to hear any gripes from city officials about expensive lawsuits
ever again

James Harrison 05/16/08 - 09:13
The Wood River Valley is ahead of its time. Citizens are well educated and committed. Thats why it is such perfect place for the progressive intiative to legalize cannabis. Arne how do approach this situation at a federal level? You don't, you start small. As for your Fed paranoia have you ever been to California. Sanfransico, for example where clubs legally operate without federal harrasment. The DEA is not going to swarm down with a task force to grab a cancer patient who lights up to relieve themselves from chronic pain and stress. No, I think they have bigger potatoes to fry. Just like the law enforcement in the valley. Why is Jeff Gunter so concerned with an herb, when mafias are bringing in substances such as methamphetimines. Which destroys our community more? Talk about a sham, why not take this money, and instead of using it to work against the people, use it to help them. The community sees through the B.S, arrests for simple posesion are easier for our law enforcement. They generate revenue, while officers never have to get their hands dirty dealing with actual hardened criminals. What's easier arresting a peacful hippie with a doobie, or going after a mexican drug cartel? Stop looking for the easy way out Gunter, either do your job protecting the community, or get the heck out. It seems at the moment your more interested in a victimless crime.

Roy Sandefur – Hailey, Idaho 05/16/08 - 10:10
EXACTLY!
No-one has ever spelled out to me exactlly what THE HECK someone would do to "work on the federal level"!
What am I supposed to do, become PRESIDENT before I can DO anything?
and THEN what?
do I have to get every senator and congressman voted in, too?

I guess I could write a letter to some federal official
and they would just throw it in the trash
and go out with some hooker
or page boy
or something
and forget about it

these city, county, and state initiatives SHOW what the people really think
and they get tons of attention
and Hailey is the only place in the country where they spend four years and tons of money trying to thwart it
and then gripe about all the money they are spending

VOTE THEM OUT
take their jobs away

THEN see if the federal-level politicians notice THAT!

Roy Sandefur – Hailey, Idaho 05/16/08 - 10:14
REMEMBER!:
If you live in Hailey
when you go to vote, on the 27th
they are going to have some separate "precinct room" where you have to go vote again
if you want to vote on the initiatives
be sure they show you where it is!

adam assenberg – colfax,wa 05/17/08 - 07:34
One fact the City attorney could use to protect the right of Medical Marijuana users is the fact, 21 USC Sec. 812 01/22/02

Also known as Title 21, Food and Drugs Chapter 13

And I use the EXACT wording from the Federal Government, Under sub-section 1 (b) The drug or other substance has (NO) currently accepted medical use in treatment in the united states.

How many people know that their are still four people that get their medical marijuana from the Federal Government? Also how many Doctors in the 12 states have signed for people to use Medical Marijuana.

So by these facts Marijuana violates the own wording of section (b) Also under (c) there is lack of accepted safty for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision.

So let's see the Government show how marijuana has killed people.

These two facts show that having Marijuana under the class it is right now violates the meaning of our Federal laws but till people take notice of these facts people will still have to suffer at the hands of our Government.

Roy Sandefur – Hailey, Idaho 05/17/08 - 11:40
I know marijuana, and hemp seed oil helped my brother beat cancer
so it's personal for me, now

most cancer victims starve to death because the chemo kills their apetite
and makes them too nauseous to keep anything down, anyway
and pot cures both those things enough to allow SOME sustenance

hemp seed oil raises the immunity more than any other substance known to man
partially because the omega3 and omega6 lipids are in perfect balance

do me a favor
send that info to Ned Williamson
and let's see how diligently he utilizes it

don't let the government make YOU suffer
let's make THEM suffer a little
at the ballot box

Roy Sandefur – Hailey, Idaho 05/17/08 - 12:17
Arne,
Ryan Davidson is a dual CITIZEN of The United States
and has been a RESIDENT of Idaho since childhood

perhaps you should KNOW the facts before you try and EDUCATE anyone

Roy Sandefur – Hailey, Idaho 05/17/08 - 12:21
I don't smoke pot, anymore (did decades ago--when I was a teenager)
Ryan has never smoked pot in his life
i write this way because i feel like it

still never heard what someone would do to "work on the federal level"

so far
you have offered punctuation education

thanx

Roy Sandefur – Hailey, Idaho 05/17/08 - 12:27
oh
ok
arne
i went back
and
my mistake
i see you offered: "sue the DEA"
and
"write a letter to someone"

thanks
now i'm gonna go out and do something REALLY BEAUTIFUL with my life
and I owe it all to you

Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reply to Roy Sandefur
Arne P. Ryason 05/18/08 - 12:43
If you don't smoke pot, why do you care? How will you test the enforceability of this law? You started it, will you proceed to the next step in court? Get a legitimate medical marijuana user to light up outside city hall. These things are always decided in court, not by the voters.

Work on the federal level by providing the correct bribes - campaign contributions. Outspend the private prison industry. Outspend the tree-paper chemical companies. That's the way things are done in the land of the free. Take all of the money you've wasted locally and give it to NORML, or the MPP or larger national organizations. This local initiative creates local conflict and distracts us from the real issues.

Take it to the next step. Recall the Hailey City Council, the mayor, the police chief, the sheriff and replace them with officers that refuse to take the pledge of allegiance to the federal government. Remove the gold military braid from the local flags. The issues are much bigger than you realize. You are not a Citizen of Idaho, you are a resident of Social Security district ID. You are a federal subject. I cannot condense 15 years of research here.

I will admit it is great fun, though, to play the game and vote yes on cannabis issues.

Roy Sandefur – Hailey, Idaho 05/19/08 - 01:00
The reason I care
even though I don't smoke pot
is because I'm a Libertarian
concerned with rights
and my brother had cancer
and pot, and hemp seed oil helped save him

give me all these millions of dollars you think I should spend
or follow yer own advice
you seem to want us to spend all the money
and do all the jail time
while you complain

Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

terry ford – jerome 05/19/08 - 07:38
how can this not be considered a conflict of interest?"i will do my best to defend those laws" even in print i can hear the sarcasm in that statement!

Roy Sandefur – Hailey, Idaho 05/19/08 - 18:27
Right!

one law merely says "make busting pot offenses the lowest police priority"
is THAT illegal under state and federal law?
i think not

but will Ned argue that?
I doubt it

this whole thing is a travesty

since WHEN has any court case been valid
wherein BOTH sides are argued by two attorneys who clearly want the same decision,
and both side's lawyers are paid from the same money source?

ask where the "special precinct room" is
when you go to vote, on the 27th,
and vote for all four initiatives

and remember all these people when they come up for election again

Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAHOO!
WE DID IT AGAIN!
Shocked Razz Twisted Evil Cool Laughing Laughing

THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN EXACTLY THE SAME WAY
AS IN THE ELECTION LAST NOVEMBER:
BEFORE THE MAYOR AND TOWN COUNCIL OF HAILEY
ANNOUNCED THEY WERE GOING TO TRY AND THWART THE WILL OF THE VOTERS
AND BRING A LAWSUIT AGAINST THEMSELVES
AND THEN STRIKE THE INITIATIVES DOWN!

THE INITIATIVE TO TAX AND REGULATE POT
LOST
323 TO 383

THE ONE TO MAKE CANNABIS LEGAL FOR INDUSTRIAL USE
LIKE HEMP FIBRE
WON
403 TO 303

THE ONE TO LEGALIZE MEDICAL CANNABIS
WON
407 TO 296

AND THE ONE TO MAKE BUSTING CANNABIS OFFENSES THE LOWEST POLICE PRIORITY
(EVEN, AND SPECIFICALLY, A LOWER PRIORITY THAN FORNICATION) Laughing Cool
WON
381 TO 331

Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WE HIT THE PAPERS, AGAIN, ALREADY! Smile Twisted Evil Razz Cool

http://www.mtexpress.com/index2.php?ID=2005120860#list

idaho mountain express--wed, may 28th

Pot prevails again in Hailey

3 of 4 marijuana reform initiatives approved

By TERRY SMITH
Express Staff Writer

Rick Davis

New election, same results. Three of four proposed marijuana reform initiatives were approved by Hailey's electorate Tuesday.

Voters approved initiatives to legalize medical use of marijuana by a margin of 417-296, to legalize industrial use of hemp by 403-308 and to make enforcement of marijuana laws the lowest police priority in the city by a margin of 381-331.

Turned down once again was an initiative to require the city to regulate and tax distribution of the drug. It failed 386-323.

Pro-marijuana advocate Ryan Davidson, a former Bellevue man who now lives in Garden City, filed petitions to place the initiatives before the voters once again after Hailey city officials threatened to file a lawsuit to have the three previously approved initiatives declared illegal in court. That lawsuit was filed earlier this month in Blaine County 5th District Court.

Davidson, chairman of The Liberty Lobby of Idaho, said passage again of the initiatives would make it "politically less viable" for the city of Hailey to ignore the will of the electorate.

Prior to the election, neither Davidson nor city officials were willing to predict the outcome, though Davidson said, "I'd think it's going to be close to the same percentages as last time."

Last November, 1,288 voters, about 37 percent of the city's registered electorate, showed up at the polls.

The medical marijuana and industrial hemp initiatives were approved in that election by about 53 percent of voters. About 51 percent of voters approved the lowest-police-priority initiative, while the regulation and taxation measure failed with only 47 percent voter approval.

Hailey Mayor Rick Davis said he had "no idea" as to the outcome of pot election No. 2.

"There's been a lot more publicity this time about the initiatives," he said. "I think people are a lot more educated now about the issues. But I don't know if it will have a different outcome or not."

The comments below are from the readers of mtexpress.com and in no way represent the views of Express Publishing Inc.

AYFKM
05/28/08 - 01:19
RIGHT ON!!!!!!

roy sandefur – Hailey, Idaho
05/28/08 - 02:01
BARhar!
we gained on every one this time

now there can be no question
the people have spoken YET AGAIN

go ahead
accuse the electorate of being ignorant
or illiterate AGAIN
and see how many of them vote for you next election

GRRRRR!

Do not force us to taunt you a THIRD time!

Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here are all the comments, so far
that were printed
on-line
after the newspaper article above

it's ALWAYS like this
after any article that is ALSO printed on-line
and allows readers' comments
every single person who comments
says something like what THESE people are saying:

always totally pro-US Twisted Evil Razz Cool

The comments below are from the readers of mtexpress.com and in no way represent the views of Express Publishing Inc.

AYFKM
05/28/08 - 01:19
RIGHT ON!!!!!!

roy sandefur – Hailey, Idaho
05/28/08 - 02:01
BARhar!
we gained on every one this time

now there can be no question
the people have spoken YET AGAIN

go ahead
accuse the electorate of being ignorant
or illiterate AGAIN
and see how many of them vote for you next election

GRRRRR!

Do not force us to taunt you a THIRD time!

Sara
05/28/08 - 06:29
Let's just hope our vote means something this time........

Richard Steeb – San Jose, California
05/28/08 - 09:18
Seems the only ones favoring the continued prohibition of Cannabis are seriously deluded busybodies and those who profit from the black market and enforcement industries.

Rock on, Hailey!

Mikey
05/28/08 - 09:31
Can't wait to go shoot a wolf while high on weed man!

KGB
05/28/08 - 09:43
Shame on you, Rick Davis....for assuming the voters of Hailey were ignorant about the issues!!! The only ignorance here is that of the City of Hailey officials and your ridiculous "do over vote". When you're voted out of office you won't have the benefit of a do over....there are no mulligans in politics. It is your job to implement the will of the people not, to interpret it...or some way subvert it. Time now for you to educate yourselves on this issue, I recommend that you start that process by reading Jack Herer's book, "The Emperor Wears No Clothes". Parts of it are available online at: www.jackherer.com

terry ford – jerome
05/28/08 - 10:56
are you getting the message yet? it seems to me the ones uninformed are the ones who voted against this! led blindly by lies and misconceptions. all you that did vote against it should read up on the matter. and not just the bull that come from the white house and john walters! do they know that our government while claiming that cannabis has no medical value has been supplying cannabis to its own citizens for over 30 years?

boynian – hailey
05/28/08 - 11:20
RICK DAVIS! how could u not run with the people who put you in office. shame on you and your career that is obviously out of touch with the people of your city. It seems as if U and the Chief of Police are only concerned with revenue and not the people. Do some research and see how much California made on marijuana sales last year. This city could profit huge on marijuana sales and keep people out of jail for stupid "marijuana crimes". Marujuana is one of the least harmful drugs in the world. One of the worst drugs is alchohol and we sell that everywhere. You guys would probably be against making liquor illegal because you wouldn't be able to make revenue on drunk driving. Shame on the way our police forces all over the country use these kinds of reasons to make money. Niether of you will re-elected. REEEDDOOOOMMMM!

Reply to boynian
RED NECk – bellevu
05/28/08 - 13:28
I completely agrey with Rick we need to look at the big picture there's pepole whom need this as a medical addfor pain.

boynian – hailey
05/28/08 - 11:23
that is FFRRRRRRREEEEEEEDDDOOOOOMMMMMMM!

Tony Petersen
05/28/08 - 12:01
Nice to see that Freedom & Liberty are alive & well in the Wood River Valley. Voters have passed Medicinal Marijuana in AZ twice, but the State has added a rider requiring Doctors to write a presription (and thus distribute at a Pharmacy) which makes the issue null & void. Just another example of moron politicians being duped by business and William Bennett while ignoring the citizens & the popular vote... Shame on you, Rick Davis. I have a place for you here in Sun City which should fit your political views to a T!

Roy Sandefur – Hailey, Idaho!
05/28/08 - 17:16
Just for the record, KGB
the "do-over vote"
was not the Mayor, Rick Davis' idea
we, The Idaho Liberty Lobby put all four initiatives back on the ballot
to give everyone the ability to speak their minds on the subject
again
because they were saying that the electorate was stoned
or ignorant
or too illiterate to read the initiatives
or just retarded, or something
the first time

I think that question has been settled, now

for them to strike these LAWS down, now
would be a DOUBLE slap in the face of the people who elect them

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.dwylbtzle.info Forum Index -> Everything Else All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: