forum.dwylbtzle.info Forum Index
forum.dwylbtzle.info Forum Index
forum.dwylbtzle.info
FREE-RANGE FLOYD-FREAK ASYLUM

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We did it! 3of4 Cannabis initiatives passed in Hailey, Idaho
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.dwylbtzle.info Forum Index -> Everything Else
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

comments continued...

Reply to Roy Sandefur
Arne P. Ryason
05/28/08 - 20:14
Congratulations. The next initiative you should run, one that might be enforceable, could be called the "Cannabis Truth and History Education Act." This should be county-wide. Stop the misinformation and half truths being taught to kids about cannabis. This is what is missing from most pro-cannabis legislation. An informed electorate is more likely to elect congress members that will change the laws nationwide, where it counts.

In future city elections it is up to the voters to find out where the candidates for city council, mayor, etc. stand on this issue. The media will be of no help.

Reply to Roy Sandefur
KGB
05/28/08 - 22:08
Dear Roy, I realize that it was the Liberty Lobby who placed this referendum on the ballot yet a second time, only to be voted in once again. Rick Davis needs to educate himself by at least following the link I posted earlier to Jack Herer's book....."The Emperor Wears No Clothes". He also needs to leave his "Reefer Madness" by the wayside and come to the 21st century. As a chronic pain sufferer I can tell you, without reservation, that medical marijuana is necessary.....not a luxury.

Roy Sandefur – Hailey, Idaho
05/29/08 - 00:36
To KGB:

Oh--ok--I get it, now.
From the wording of that post, I thought you were saying you thought the re-vote was The Mayor's idea.

I don't think some lawmakers realize how effective cannabis can be for some conditions, or they don't care...
In 2004--when we went to the first town meeting that Ketchum was holding to discuss the matter--I stood up and mentioned that my little brother had cancer--and the only way he could relieve the nausea from the chemo, and keep any food down, was by smoking a little pot--and I mentioned that most cancer victims actually die of starvation...
and the (then) Mayor of Ketchum, after the meeting was over, sidled up to us and was acting all friendly, and confessed that he PAYS someone to roll joints for his cancer stricken mother.
Then, later, he voted to just let MY worthless scummy brother die.
And then so did Hailey and Sun Valley.
So it all became PERSONAL for me.
At THAT point I became A BIT MIFFED
and I still am.

So--almost four years later, after we proved in The Idaho Supreme Court that these people had NO RIGHT to refuse to certify an initiative
for any reason:
here we are.

Bring it on.
I think I'm more miffed than these people.
I will fight them as long as they want.

Someone has to stand up
and looks like the voters of Hailey did it
TWICE!
Thanks!
And my brother--who is now free of cancer, thanks you, too! Smile

Last edited by Dwylbtzle on Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Mary Whitehouse

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Weed Town Usa. Hey now I know where I'll move to retire after
the U.S. Invades Canada and Big Brother forcibly
reducates me to Love Bush, Baseball, and Big Boobs.
Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary Whitehouse wrote:
Very Happy Hey now I know where I'll move to retire after
the U.S. forcibly
reducates me to Love
Big Boobs.

So you DO believe gays CAN be converted! Smile

Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more comments continued...
http://www.mtexpress.com/index2.php?ID=2005120860#entry

Christina's Dad – Ketchum/Hailey 05/29/08 - 01:18
Well bravo folks.
I wish I had found this video earlier, but cest' le vie
Whatever we vote, the feds will not allow it though.
Here is a link is to the site of a brave man who made a cancer curing oil from hemp and gave it away freely. He fought the Canadian Govt. to no avail. Big Pharma will not allow it.
This video is for broadband only, 700 mb
It is also on youtube in segments. " Run From The Cure "
If you have neither access, write me and I'll get you a copy to pass around. kygos5@yahoo.com
Put "run from the cure" in the subject so I know it's not spam

The website is: www.phoenixtears.ca/

Arne P. Ryason 05/29/08 - 20:43
Not "free" yet, but working on it: www.slate.com

Roy Sandefur – Hailey, Idaho 05/30/08 - 11:44
Hemp SEED oil raises immunity more than any substance known to man

chemo kills yer immunity and kills yer appetite
and makes you too nauseous and pained to eat
and then not eating kills yer strength
and immunity

cannabis can really help turn the whole cycle around!

Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

continued...

Roy Sandefur – Hailey, Idaho 05/30/08 - 12:26
Arne and Christina's dad...

I read both those links
and they're both great! Smile
yeah
HEMP OIL
is gonna be illegal
because it can get you high:
basically it's hash oil

but that high stops nausea
and eases pain
and increases appetite
and helps you sleep
so
yes
I would agree that it certainly DOES help cancer patients
(my brother got great relief from just a coupla puffs of smoking pot)
HEMP SEED oil does not get you high
but it has all the omega3 and omega6 lipids in perfect balance
so it raises the immunity
AND IT IS LEGAL!
anyone can order it, by the gallon, on the internet

which I suggest you do
because the little bottles they sell you in SOME RARE grocery stores
are WAY over-priced

Mary Whitehouse

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwylbtzle wrote:
Mary Whitehouse wrote:
Very Happy Hey now I know where I'll move to retire after
the U.S. forcibly
reducates me to Love
Big Boobs.

So you DO believe gays CAN be converted! Smile

I don't pack fudge I just play one on t.v. Confused
What goes in Vegas...

Anyway when u guys send in the tanks to "protect" the
world's REAL largest single supply of Petroleum, the Alberta
Oil Sands, I'll start practising to only appreciate the D Cup
until oil is made irrelevant by cold fusion and y'all roll
home again.

Anyway during the occupation we'll show ya how ta have
8 months of winter and still grow
the worlds best weed in yer basement closet. Wink
Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well
I agree with one thing
we have more shale oil and coal than all the opec countries do oil

but to get it would tear up the woods

so i say let's go for hydrogen fusion
and leave the mountains with their tops intact! Wink

Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well
we made the papers all over the state
(and many other states)
again
this weekend Twisted Evil
and this article in USA TODAY
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/2008-06-13-Potresolution_N.htm
because Ryan is a Ron Paul delegate
and when he went up to the state convention
in sandpoint
the "company line" repubs did an anti-pot resolution
just because he was there
just to be stupid i guess
but some pretty big REAL conservative repubs wrote the minority opinion

(the MOST truly conservative repubs follow the philosophy of
william f buckley who was always against the drug war)

meanwhile i'm back here in boise
trying to put political presure on Keith Roark to drop the lawsuit to strike down the initiatives
because he's the state chair of the demon cat party
and obama has stated he's FOR medical cannabis

Last edited by Dwylbtzle on Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh
and
by the way
the guy the Ron Paul people
and us--the pro-cannabis people
were rooting for
Semenko
beat the company line
anti-pot guy
for state chairman Smile

the old incumbent guy
Sullivan
was OUSTED! Twisted Evil

Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.politicswest.com/25928/pot_resolution_roils_idaho_gop_convention_delegates

from the denver post

this is about everything that happened at the repub state convention
but READ THE TITLE Smile
Pot resolution roils Idaho GOP convention delegates

these are the comments
(so far)
under the USA TODAY article

SP5G wrote: 2d 9h ago
It is long past time to legalize pot. We spend way too much of the policeman's time and tax payers money and accomplish nothing but filling our jails and prisons. We could far better serve the public and economy by growing, packaging, selling and taxing pot under the same regulations as we do alcohol. It would generate tax income for state and federal government and create jobs. Let's do it now!

Recommend24 | Report Abuse

retired81 wrote: 2d 8h ago
SP5G: Except they wouldn't be able to work.

Recommend | Report Abuse

Dirty Souf wrote: 2d 8h ago
Cindy going to hate that

Recommend1 | Report Abuse

Dar wrote: 2d 7h ago
I know a family that had to deal with death threats without police help because forensics was busy with drug cases and those took priority.

Recommend3 | Report Abuse

Terry Nelson wrote: 2d 7h ago
Frankly I'm a little discusted with my political party of over 40 years. I served over three decades as a police officer and the last decade or so directly involved in the drug wars. I worked Central and South America and the drug war is lost. Colombia produces over two million pounds of cocaine a year, marijuana is the main cash crop in the U.S. and Canada. The illegal drug trade is 8% of the worlds trade that is completely untaxed and unregulated. The best way to defeat the drug cartels and drug gangs is to legalize all drugs and then regulate and control them. The only thing the drug war has done for america is create millions of felons that can not get decent jobs due to their felony record. There are over 2.2 million prisoners in U.S. jails and approximately 1.7 million of them are there for non-violent drug offenses. It costs us approximately 70 billions dollars to prosecute and house these non-violent offendors. The mere economics of it alone should tell anyone that medical treatment is far better for addicts than jails. At a bare minimum it is time to get our heads out of the sand and have an open debate on the issue and not continue the same old failed public policy year after year. Einstein is reported to have said that to "continue doing the same thing and expecting different results, is insanity". I agree the drug war is insane. /tln/

Recommend16 | Report Abuse

Renouf wrote: 2d 7h ago
"Hemp is of first necessity to the wealth & protection of the country."
-Thomas Jefferson

Recommend5 | Report Abuse

bmrowe23 wrote: 2d 6h ago
The Libertarian party would be viable if its main position was something other than legalizing marijuana. Personally I could care less if stoners want to grow their own stuff. The point of the Libertarian party is that your rights should extend to the point that it affects others. I just which the focus was on personal rights in general and not just the stoner party. Legalizing drug use is at best a fringe subject.

Recommend | Report Abuse

typicalwhiteguy wrote: 2d 4h ago
So Idaho Republicans will take a "wide stance" on other issues, but not marijuana?

UncleSim wrote: 2d 4h ago
Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter, a Sullivan backer, said the differences were a sign of the party's success at providing a "big tent" for many different beliefs

And we like to celebrate those differences by putting the minority in prison.

sage33 wrote: 2d 4h ago
i don't smoke pot but if one does that is their business. Oh, But i forgot, man knows and controls more than God....Genesis 2:4, [for those who believe in a creator,] These are the Generations of the Heavens and the Earth when they were created, And EVery Plant of the field Before it was IN the Earth and every Herb of the Field Before it Grew.. And it was Good, Oh but then again this is God talking not man!! hummm,

UncleSim wrote: 2d 4h ago
retired81 - who wouldn't be able to work? Smokers? Drinkers? Pot smokers? Sure, no one who does any of these drugs actually works - in fact, they single-handedly make up the entire welfare, unemployment, and crime elements of our society.

Actually, its usually the legal pharmaceuticals whose side-effects prevent work. Smoking didn't prevent work until it was illegal to do it indoors. Drinking? I think we all have known someone who has one (or more) with lunch. Pot? I guess that might depend on the type of work, but I don't feel any safer knowing the cashier at Walmart suffers random testing to prove she doesn't toke in her off time.

A probation officer once told me crack was 'better', because it was out of your system in 3 days, while pot takes 30 days. Sure. And crack will kill you, while pot has never killed anyone. All he cared about was the paperwork he had to do. I wonder how long you have to swim in criminal pee before your values get warped like that? Good thing government hasn't warped anything else.

drd6000 wrote: 2d 3h ago
The story might have mentioned that Ron Paul won 24% of the vote in the Idaho primary, his best showing in a primary and second-best to his 25% in the Montana caucus. Getting 6 delegates to the national convention from Idaho wasn't some sort of gift -- that's what the rules stipulated, based on proportional allocation. If only states like South Dakota and New Mexico were as fair: Ron Paul scored 17 and 14 percent in those states, and gets zero delegates.

sage33 wrote: 2d 3h ago
i agree with what uncle sam wrote.

RaferJanders wrote: 2d 3h ago
No, Dave's not here man.

Recommend | Report Abuse

Dirty Souf wrote: 2d 3h ago
Have you McSane followers have an brain. Obama will mop the old man across the room. The problem with McSane in speeches is that he can't read. plus also he can't remember anything that 24hrs old. That is call C-Nile. Crank Up the Hybird somebody need to drop the dirty Old man at the Ol'Folks home. Do anyone have Cindy number I need some good drugs

Recommend | Report Abuse

Floridian2 wrote: 2d 1h ago
I have been a Republican since I was old enough to vote. That's 33 years of towing the party line. But, the Republican party is paralyzed. It can not, and will not accept change of any type. This is the same for cannabis prohibitionists, which thes Republicans are. Cannabis prohibition is not only the most costly failure our country has ever known ($100 Billion/yr.). It has given rise to organized crime, corruption, protectionism, police militancy, reduced clearance rates for murder, assett siezure, distrust for our Government, disrespect for our laws, over flowing prisons, and every other evil that came with alcohol prohibition. The number of cannabis user's are steadily increasing, in spite of severe penalties. Cannabis is far safer than alcohol or tobacco. True addiction is rare (5.8%), psychological only, withdrawal is mild and short-lived, as are any side effects. Marinol is 50% (THC) potency, and cannabis extracts of 40% purity were successfully, and safely used to treat a wide range of ailments, with few incidents. Marinol use would not be allowed if it wasn't safe. But, it costs $1000,00/mo. and is not well tolerated due to the lack of cannabidiol to balance it. Yet, the latest fear mongering ONDCP propaganda screams about how potency has increased, and how much more dangerous cannabis is to use. The truth is that Marinol, and cannabis extracts are safe and have THC concentrations far above anything cannabis growers will ever be able to produce. Plus, cannabis users simply use only the amount of cannabis neccessary to acieve the desired results. If the cannabis is strong, they just use less. So, the Government is up to it's old scare tactics once again. It's amazing and disheartening how many Press Agencies have run this counter-productive junk research as being important. The vast majority do not provide counter points, nor allow for comments to refute these wild claims. These Press Agencies further show their bias by providing links to NIDA , and drug treatment propaganda sites. They are being paid to advertise these links. This amounts to Government controlled Press Agencies. So, they are not reporting the news. They are collaborating in making the news. This makes these Press Agencies into Propaganda Agencies. The Government took away the people's right to freedom of choice as to what they put in there bodies. They did not secure a constitutional amendment to prohibit cannnabis use. They trampled States rights. Every piece of anti-cannabis research has been proven to be pure nonsense. Pres. Geo Washington grew cannabis Indica (possibly for toothache pain), and considered Hemp (no THC) to be important to our national economy and security. He had this to say about corrupt politicians and industrialists,"few have virtue to withstand the highest bidder". He most certainly would have been against cannabis prohibition. But, prohibition came into being by intentionally confusing and scaring Congress into voting for it. The FBN (now DEA) coined the alien word "Marijuana" and no one knew that they were talking about cannabis or Hemp. Both of which the public was very familiar with. Farmers grew hemp for two hundred years and it was one of our most valuable cash crops. Drug companies made medicinal cannabis extracts for decades and the public used it. So, prohibition began with lies and deception. The same pattern that our Goverment has followed until this very day. The above news article points out that hard-line Republicans are the main reason that cannabis remains illegal. Cannabis is safe, and has unique medicinal uses, like curing inoperable Gliomas, lung and breast cancers (see Hemp Oil), while not damaging surrounding tissues. No other medicine can do this. Can we say this for the legal drugs like, alcohol, tobacco, or prescription meds? Please, do research the true facts about cannabis. Avoid the NIDA/ONDCP sponsored research which is worse than useless. You will find that the facts prove that cannabis is safe, and does have 90+ unique medicinal uses. Contrary to Mr. McAffrey's long since disproved line, "Marijuana has no proven medicinal value". We are a democracy. What is the White House doing by giving us a Drug Czar? Our States can not build prisons (college's of crime) fast enough to hold all the non-violent cannabis users. Schools are being shut down, and school budgets are being reduced, due to building prisons. Millions of Republicans like myself are being ignored when we contact our elected politicians (like Mel Martinez) and demand an end to the war on cannabis, which is madness. If our Republican leaders don't wake up, and pay attention to us, we'll vote for Bob Barr. Then, the most dangerous radical this nation has ever known will be made our President. Is the destruction of our economy by continuing cannabis prohibition, and the installation of an extremist as President what our Republican leaders want? If not, they better stop ignoring us, and legalize cannabis with lightening speed. They did it in 1942, by aiding farmers to grow cannabis on a massive scale for the war effort (see "Hemp for Victory" video), then banned it after the war. They quickly legalized cannabis then, and they can do it again, right now. So, just keep up the hard line nonsense and see what it get's us. I urge everyone to contact their elected representatives and demand that cannabis be legalized immediatley. Historically, every successful revolution came about because 10% of the population were persistant in achieving change. Please, do not commit violent acts against the Goverment. Prohibition has given us enough of that already. I urge people to do the research. Share the truth with their friends, and ask them to demand legalization too. Don't count on anyone else to be a leader. You must be the leader. Do this and we will quickly close one of the ugliest chapter in our nations history. No, I don't want kids to get cannabis. No, I'm not a member of any pro-cannabis organization. I'm a well informed member of the electorate, who is standing up against tyranny and injustice. End the war, now.

Recommend3 | Report Abuse

EddienTexas wrote: 2d 1h ago
Well lets see.....

Republicans try to legislate morality(God and Jesus both belong to that party)

Democrats want to give the country away and try to help the a few Americans have a deceint life by not making our armed forces get shot so they earn their money.. If the US spent half the foreign policy money in the US a lot of things would improve. Like INSURANCE PROFITS and WALLSTREET INVESTORS POCKETS. Lets just face it.. rich people get richer and the rest get poorer and poorer. But thats the way it was in the bible. Kings and the slaves so in God We Trust!

Ron Paul cant get enough votes

I must admit I have never smoked pot in my 57 yrs of existance but after all is said and done maybe if i had done a few trailor truck loads of drugs I would have been a successful politician and not really cared about my country.

I feel this way.. what someone wants to do to themselves to make life a little more bearable why should the government care!

So I am goin to vote obama.. no way can he screw me more than the Republicans have.

Recommend | Report Abuse

The Mick wrote: 1d 13h ago
The GOP will oppose legalizing pot until a large campaign contributor plants it. Then they will claim that any restrictions against it will destroy the economy, pass bills giving it special tax exemptions so it can better compete in a "free market", and claim a Biblical reference that endorses it, like Revelation 9:4, "And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth..."

Recommend | Report Abuse

NewzReader wrote: 1d 12h ago
No pot at the convention? Well they're going to have to provide pills at least or Cindy McCain won't be attending.

Recommend | Report Abuse

jsknow wrote: 1d 8h ago
PROHIBITION never works it just causes CRIME and VIOLENCE. The USA builds 900 new prison beds and hires 150 more correction officers every two weeks, arrests someone on a drug charge every 17 seconds, jails more people than any nation, spends $69 billion a year on the drug war and has killed over 100,000 citizens in this needless war. In 1914 when ALL drugs were legal 1.3% of our population was addicted to drugs, today 1.3% of our population is STILL addicted to drugs. The only way to control drugs is to regulate them and end the profits available to criminals just like ending alcohol prohibition did. There’s only been one drug success story, tobacco, the most deadly and one of the most addictive drugs. Almost half the users quit because of REGULATION, ACCURATE INFORMATION AND MEDICAL TREATMENT. No one went to jail or got killed. JOIN EMAIL LIST, WATCH VIDEOS:
Internet Explorer: http://jsknow.angelfire.com/home
Other browsers: http://jsknow.angelfire.com/index.html

rmann0581 wrote: 1d 5h ago
Jees, this is what I hate about the republican party. They talk about small government, but I think they only mean small government for their corporate doners. Screw everybody else. Oh, marijuana helps you medically, too bad! Step in line and take one of the drugs from my doner in the pharmaceutical industry. Oh and while you are suffering, you still need to take those ours it takes to do income taxes. You know, I need your money to subsidize my special interests.
Screw that. I think the GOP needs to be punished for trying to control our lives. I think from now on, I will vote libertarian. I think everybody who doesn't like McCain or Obama should vote third party.

Recommend | Report Abuse

Jack McGuirk wrote: 1d 3h ago
Free Marc Emery - the most successful advocate for freedom to ever walk the face of the earth!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-WPhkkPkEM

Roy Sandefur wrote: 2m ago
http://forum.dwylbtzle.info/viewtopic.php?p=7268 #7268
Everyone come here and read about how we passed the three pot initiatives in Hailey, (Sun Valley area),
twice

Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/PrintStory.pl?document_id=2004478388&zsection_id=2003925728&slug=apidgopconvention5thldwritethru&date=20080615
Seattle Times

WizardintheWoods

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Prescription Drugs KILL more people than ALL ILLEGAL drugs Reply with quote

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/14/us/14florida.html?_r=1&ref=health&oref=slogin
Read it through... Pot killed ZERO.
Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, but it made me look like this!

actually, i've been reading all these new studies that say it prevents cancer
even lung cancer
apparently, people who smoke pot have less lung cancer than people who don't smoke anything! Shocked
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&fkt=27199&fsdt=38305&q=marijuana+prevents+lung+cancer&btnG=Google+Search
wow!
according to these things
it prevents and helps cure ALL KINDZA cancers! Shocked Smile

Last edited by Dwylbtzle on Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, woke up this morning--(always leave NPR on at night--because it's so boring it helps me sleep)
and they were talking about me, on the news, again
well, indirectly--

as we expected all along, a judge ended up striking down the laws that the people voted on TWICE--(because (he says) it's illegal under federal law--but it's REALLY so hailey could get the 500,000 dollars per year from the federal government to fight the drug war--that's the real reason)
and all he left in the laws was that a committee should be appointed to recommend cannabis policy to the mayor
se we got to participate by appointing one member of the committee
and the committee recommended that the mayor order the police to make it lowest priority
and so they did THAT
and, just yesterday
the mayor made the proclamation
theoretically, well, OFFICIALLY, now, a policeman in hailey idaho must spend more energy busting a person spitting on the sidewalk

http://www.mtexpress.com/index2.php?ID=2005131837

FINAL RESOLUTION OF MY LAWMAKING PHASE
so far
(it came right after my awkward phase--and just before my "blue period")

from THE IDAHO MOUNTAIN EXPRESS-JUNE 16TH

Pot set as low police priority in Hailey
For cops, it’s business as usual
by TONY EVANS

Hailey's Marijuana Oversight Committee won a symbolic victory Monday when Mayor Rick Davis announced that smoking pot on private property was officially the lowest police priority in town.

"This has not been easy, but I think that we have come up with something that works for those on both sides of this issue," Davis said at a City Council meeting.

"The Food and Drug Administration has always been the governing body on substances that can become addictive, and if marijuana is ever legalized, I hope it will follow the same process."

Hailey municipal code now reads, "The Hailey Police Department shall investigate and enforce misdemeanor possession of marijuana offenses committed by adults on private property as the lowest police priority of the city of Hailey."

However, if an officer has knowledge of any other type of criminal offense occurring on private property, he or she is entitled to enforce marijuana laws there as well.

The policy does not apply to use of pot in public, by minors or while driving.

"This means that Hailey police will not go out and actively look for people smoking pot on private property, but they never have," Davis said in an interview.

The Marijuana Oversight Committee was formed last year after three controversial marijuana initiatives were passed by Hailey voters—twice.

The initiatives proposed allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes, legalizing industrial hemp and making enforcement of marijuana laws the lowest priority for Hailey police.

Large portions of all three ordinances were redacted by 5th District Judge Robert Elgee, rendering them ineffective, but the oversight committee was formed and charged with gathering information and making recommendations to the City Council on how the city should handle several issues regarding marijuana policy.

In other Hailey news:

· The Council denied a request from ARCH Community Housing Trust that the city pay $8,000 for sidewalks required as part of ARCH's Walnut Street affordable housing project, but allowed the sidewalks to be built elsewhere and at some point in the future.

Tony Evans: tevans@mtexpress.com

Dwylbtzle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh
for those who haven't been following the pot initiative story for FIVE years:
in sumsory:
we tried to put four initiatives on the ballot:

total legal to smoke--and sell in stores
medical use
legalization of hemp cultivation for non-drug PRODUCTS--like fibre and hemp seed oil
lowest police priority--and we stipulated in the law SPECIFICALLY lower than fornication (hehehe)

but the town council refused to let us
so we fought for three years till the id supreme court said it was unconstitutional for them to do that--
voted 5-0 that those bohunks couldn't PRESUME to be the gatekeepers of the citizens' initiative rights

so we FINALLY got to run the four initiatives--three passed
the total legalization for any use--(even just recreational tripping )
lost
BARELY

then the town council was gonna just strike them down
so we ran all four again
and the same three won, again--by even more -and the one that lost--lost by even less
so they were too afraid of them voter peoples to try that again

but, then a judge struck them down, saying because federal law trumps a city law
but said we could form a committee to advise the mayor on general city pot policies
so me and my group got to name one member
and they made their recommendation
and, 6-16-10 the mayor WAS POLITICALLY FORCED to put one law back:
lowest police priority
lower than spitting on the sidewalk
lower than jaywalking
lower than fornication between consenting adults even
(which IS illegal, under idaho law--and is very bad for you
no
i'm serious--it's not meet--unless you marry the poor boy, gals) Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forum.dwylbtzle.info Forum Index -> Everything Else All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: